A rich and storied history accompanies St. John's Nipawin. The earliest Anglican ministry activities in the Nipawin region began in the mid 1800s. The parish of Nipawin was founded in 1924 and the earliest manifestations of the physical building and rectory for St. John's were constructed in 1924/1925. The building as it currently stands was constructed in 1948-49, with ongoing renovations and upkeep occurring regularly.
We are a church that uses the 1962 Canadian Book of Common Prayer. This means that our services observe the traditional services for morning and evening prayer, as well as holy communion.